Hey guys! Sorry it has been a while since I posted. Life just gets heavy sometimes.
I finally hit my wtf moment and took action and since then it has been a pretty amazing learning curve.
6 weeks ago I enrolled myself in a personal development course with the awesome Emily Chadbourne from A crazy thing called life (Check her out on FB she is amazing). I had participated in her free course and just HAD to be apart of her 12 week intensive course and wow! 6 weeks in and the changes already are immense!
Just so we are clear from this point out the word Anxiety is now Bubbles. So if you hear me talking about Bubbles… you know what I mean!
6 weeks ago I was a ball of bubbles, depression, anger, resentment and Jealousy. All things that as a human I am not… so it was hard! So hard! I was also in a pretty bad flare.. dropped 6 kilo in a week, couldn’t eat and feeling crapola!
Fast forward 3 weeks – with the help of steriods I now eat like a pig! Have started to regain the weight, able to adult again and… started to add new and fun things to my life that have been absent for so many years due to my bubbles.
I am now:
1. Eating a Preservative Free diet. So far so good and a week in my skin is amazing!
2. Walking! I have walked the dogs and gone for walks myself for fun for the last 5 days in a row! It feels sooo good!
3. Running! I ran around the block yesterday! I have never been a runner at the best of times.. let alone when in a UC flare (Running for me accelerates the urgency for the loo)
4. Shopping in town centres. This for me is huge. I usually only shop in small shopping centres that have toilets. So was lovely to be out im the sunshine spending time with family.
5. Managing my emotions. I am learning how to feel something and transcend through it… learning still.. but even small steps are amazing. I mean, the day before a scope i am usually so filled with bubbles I sleep all day and don’t speak. Today though I went for 3 walks, Cleaned the house, played with the dogs, pampered myself, drove to Melb and now Writing this blog! Pretty amazing feat tbh! I did this through guided meditation and visualization, affirmations and GRATITUDE!
So I have to say a huge thanks to Em for showing me that I CAN do it and that I am a MotherF#$%&ing Legend!
So.. tomorrow I am having a Feacal Matter Transplant. Poop from a donor inserted into my bowel in the hopes it restarts my dodgy microbiome into being normal!
I am nervous to drink the disgusting lemony pond water in half an hour but I just keep thinking of the amazing outcome… super poo! Courtesy of my husband!
So… blog post part one down… I will add more about what FMT is (that i know of) and how it all goes through the next 24 hours to keep you updated… if you’re interested. If not. Soz guys!
Love B xx